- This event has passed.
TALL 2018 Conference
October 25, 2018
TALL is pleased to offer our members a full day of learning, sharing and networking on October 25 atVantages Venue (formerly St. Andrew’s Club), Toronto, ON.
TALL eXchange 2K18 will feature two keynote speakers: In the morning, Mr. Eric Wright, CEO Lexis Nexis Canada will give an overview on the state of innovation in the legal technology, specifically in regards to research products. In the afternoon, Dr. Khalid Al-Kofahi, Vice President of Research and Development Thomson Reuters, will be discussing artificial intelligence and its application to law and legal research. As head of corporate R&D at Thomson Reuters, Dr. Al-Kofahi also leads Thomson Reuters’s Center for Cognitive Computing, based in Toronto.
In addition to our Keynote speakers, we will offer sessions on topics such as innovation and legal research, building a personal brand with LinkedIn, innovations in research instruction and the latest developments in legal Canadian copyright issues in a digital era.
We will close out the day with some energizing lightning talks from TALL members on interesting and unique initiatives they’ve been working on as well as exciting new product demos.
Stacy Rowe from Manzama will be speaking during this session:
Session 3 ~ Legal Research and Innovation Panel
A moderated discussion comprised of representatives from various legal research providers and seasoned professional researchers will give their insights into what is happening in the legal research realm. Participants to include:
- Stacy Rowe Session Moderator, Director of Client Success, Manzama
- Jennifer McNenly, Director, Library and Information Services, Fasken LLP
- Jane Freeman, Supervisor Toronto, Library & Information Services, Bennett Jones LLP
- Martin Tomlinson, Senior Manager, Library Services, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP
- Roslyn Theodore-McIntosh, Director of the Scott Library & Information Centre, Gowlings