Manzama is a leading provider of current awareness and market intelligence to professional service organizations around the globe. Our Engineering Team has a reputation for implementing highly available and fault tolerant software and infrastructure in support of our client’s operations. We are looking for a Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join our team in Bend, OR. Entrepreneurial, collaborative, self-starter, driven, service-oriented, and problem-solver are just a few ways we would describe our Engineering Team and Company.
- Responsible for all Google Cloud hosted servers and services.
- Act as the team lead for deploying all software updates to our servers.
- Lead the Engineering team in enhancing or changing our automated deployment process.
- Respond to system outages or critical events in a timely manner with a sense of urgency.
- Employ and maintain security best practices and procedures throughout the Manzama infrastructure, platform, and company as a whole.
- Configure and manage all alerting, monitoring and logging systems.
- Load test and upgrade critical SOLR servers and adjust as needed.
- Maintain all firewall rules and manage DNS servers.
- Ensure that infrastructure costs remain within budget and implement cost savings where appropriate.
- Lead engineer on DR planning, data backups, and database tuning and upgrades.
- 5+ years of relevant experience working with hosted servers and services, preferably Google Cloud.
- 3+ years of experience with Postgres, Rabbit, Redis, NGINX.
- Experience with Solr, Grafana, Incinga, Salt, Celery, Node.js, Graylog preferred.
- Ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation abilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or relevant field.
Manzama is located in Bend, Oregon.
Current Tech Stack (ideally familiarity with some of these)
- Python Django applications hosted on Google Cloud
- React, Redux for new front-end development
- Backed by Postgres, Solr, Google Datastore, Redis, SendGrid
- Other tools include Salt, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Incinga, Grafana, Node.js, Graylog
To apply for the position, please email your cover letter and resume to Mike Hollibaugh.